Guided Support Groups
Guided Support Group for Adults with ADHD & Anxiety
“Confident and Calmer: Tools for reducing anxiety and living with more resilience”
Led by Dr. Sharon Saline, Psy.D.
- 6 Weekly Sessions on Zoom
- When: Thursdays, 12:00 – 1:15pm EDT
- Dates: May 12 – June 16, 2022
5/12, 5/19, 5/26, 6/2, 6/9, 6/16
- Group Size: 15 people (max)
Are you tired of living with persistent anxiety that is complicating your ability to work, manage family responsibilities or engage in fulfilling relationships?
In this guided support group, Dr. Sharon Saline will help you reduce patterns of worry and improve key executive functions related to emotional regulation, productivity and self-esteem. Each session will have a short teaching, followed by a discussion of how a challenge manifests in your life and how to cope with it.
This is a special opportunity to have semi-private consultations with Dr. Sharon and learn from other adults with ADHD, too. There will be optional homework, recommended readings and access to a private, ongoing discussion group as well. You will learn practical and mindful strategies for feeling calmer and more confident!
After an initial short check-in and moment of mindfulness, there will be a brief 10 min teaching on the topic, followed by a discussion that includes individual consultations. There will be optional homework and recommended readings as well.
Topics to be covered include:
- How anxiety works in the brain and body and why you become activated
- Identifying and shifting patterns of negative thinking
- Understanding the relationship between anxiety, perfectionism and procrastination
- Shifting limiting beliefs at the core of social anxiety and rejection sensitivity dysphoria
- Transforming worry into curiosity with mindfulness and growth mindsets
- Nurturing resilience and decreasing shame