Loosening Anxiety’s Grip:
Helping Neurodiverse learners build resilience in an age of uncertainty
A presentation by Dr. Sharon Saline at the 2021 AISNE Health and Wellness Virtual Conference: Find Strength and Wellness in Stressful Times
About Dr. Sharon Saline’s presentation:
Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021: 9:00-10:15 am ET
Living in a world that’s increasingly unpredictable, today’s kids are more anxious than ever before. Dr. Sharon Saline, veteran psychologist and author of “What your ADHD child wishes you knew: Working together to empower kids for success in school and life” and “The ADHD solution card deck,” discusses the grip of anxiety and what you can do to help reduce worries in neurodiverse students of all ages. After reviewing how anxiety works, she will show you how to help them change their relationship to worry, realistically evaluate situations and calm themselves down. You’ll learn easy, effective tools to help these young people worry less and feel more confident.
- Describe how anxiety works in the brain and body
- Identify and reduce patterns of negative thinking in children and teens with ADHD, ASD and Learning Disabilities
- Develop the ability to externalize anxiety and reduce its influence on daily tasks and self-concept
- Learn practical tools for dealing with the specific worries of alternative learners
- Identify and develop areas of resilience in social and educational contexts
About the conference:
Dates: May 3-6, 2021
Each attendee’s conference registration is an all-access pass to Sunrise Mindfulness and Yoga Sessions, Keynotes, Specialty Breakouts, Peer Presentations, and Spotlight Speakers taking place throughout the week.
This year’s conference will be presented using the Sched platform and Zoom. Once registered, participants gain access to the conference in Sched where you’ll have the opportunity to connect with peers, create your personal conference schedule, access session materials and Zoom links, and more. Most sessions will be recorded for viewing when you choose. This will be noted in Sched.
- Member Schools: $199 per person: 1-2 participants, $149 per person: 3-4 participants, $129 per person: 5+ participants
- Non-Member Schools: $299 per person: 1-2 participants, $249 per person: 3+ participants
Learn more and register here.
For more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org