Extended Adolescence – When 25 Looks More Like 18: Clinical Strategies for Clients Struggling to Meet the Demands of Adulthood
Dates: March 7th – 8th, 2024 Time: Full days – 8:00AM- 4:00PM
Full day events, featuring speakers: Sharon Saline, PsyD, ADHD-CCSP |Steve O’Brien, PsyD
Location: DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel – Mount Laurel, New Jersey
The interplay of new technologies, socio-cultural shifts, and educational stressors have created obstacles for young people like never before.
Research suggest that while today’s youth enter adolescence much sooner, they actually reach adulthood much later … resulting in an “extended adolescence.” Our traditional therapeutic tools now fall short, as we endeavor to help clients meet the demands of adulthood.
Join award-winning author and international speaker Sharon Saline, Psy.D., for an enlightening experience designed to redefine and redesign your treatment approach to help young people forge a path to adulthood.
You will learn strategies to:
- Navigate ADHD, anxiety, autism and other obstacles to develop life skills
- Reprogram the dopamine dependent brain
- Cultivate openness and flexibility with Gen Z culture
- Collaborate with well-intended but over-involved parents
- Instill motivation to advance real-world engagement
- Promote “connected independence” in young adults
This timely and engaging training will shed new light on Generation Z youth and equip you with practical, contemporary tools for empowering these young people to shift gears and move toward a rewarding and meaningful adulthood.
For more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.