The ADHD Solution Deck offers effective strategies for reducing stress, building skills and fostering self-esteem. The cards provide adults with a unique window into what kids with ADHD are thinking, common problems they face, and how you can work with them to create lasting solutions.
Each card offers a quote from a child, teen or parent living with ADHD, a quick summary of a typical challenge, and a coping or intervention tool(s).
The ADHD Solution Deck gives adults new insights into the minds and feelings of youth with ADHD, and offers practical, easy-to-use tools that foster more cooperation and reduce arguing.
The deck is divided into five themes to help parents and kids stay calm, and work together.
– Self-Control. Tools to manage your own feelings first so you can act effectively, and teach your child to do the same.
– Compassion. Strategies to meet your child where they are, not where you expect them to be.
– Collaboration. Learning to use a we attitude instead of a you should approach.
– Consistency. Tips to aim for steadiness, without expecting perfection from you or your child.
– Celebration. Reminders to recognize what is working, and providing on-going praise.
Testimonial from Louise Clarke (Author of Parenting The Modern Teen & Podcast Host of Parenting In The Thick Of It)
Check out Louise’s podcast episode featuring Dr. Sharon Saline!